National Pet Month Photo competition prize draw
It’s competition time! We are running a #LoveBasingstoke competition to mark National Pet Month 01 April to 30 April 2018.
We want you to share photos of your pets and what you enjoy about life in Basingstoke with them. Does your cat love exploring the local area? Do you keep your pets happy and healthy with the help of a friendly local vet? Share your photo using the #LoveBasingstoke or through the Love Basingstoke meme generator www.lovebasingstoke.uk before Midday on Monday 1 May 2018 for your chance to win a pet hamper worth £25 courtesy of Pets at Home.
Terms and conditions
1. The photo competition is run by Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council, with a prize generously donated by Pets at Home. Entry to the competition is subject to these rules.
2. Entry to the photo competition is entirely free.
How to enter
3. Entrants must share a photo using the hashtag #LoveBasingstoke on Instagram or Facebook showing their pet in and around Basingstoke. This can either be at home or out and about in the local area.
4. Entries must be made between 00:01 Monday 01 April 2018 and 12.00 1 May 2018.
5. The competition is open to anyone in the UK aged 18 years or over. Entries should be made by the adult who is legally responsible for the pet pictured.
6. Entrants confirm that by entering the competition they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. We may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
8. We reserve all rights to disqualify entrants if their conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition. See paragraph 16(b). Photographs
9. Entrants warrant that they are the owner of the pet in the photograph.
10. Entrants agree that we have the right to publish and communicate to the public the photographs in any media (including but not limited to online) at all times without restriction or limitation throughout the world and not only for the purposes of the competition.
11. Entrants acknowledge that we may edit the Photographs at our sole discretion.
12. Entrants agree not to bring against us any actions, suits, claims and demands in any respect of defamation or any infringement or violation of any personal and/or property rights of any sort from our use of their Photographs.
13. Entrants unconditionally waive their right to seek or obtain an injunction to prevent or restrict use of the photographs.
14. Entrants aged under 18 shall have obtained the consent of a parent or a guardian (and will provide the consent of a parent or a guardian (and will provide us with the contact details we need if we wish to verify this).
15. By entering our Competition all entrants:
a. agree not to assert any moral rights in respect of their entry (wherever and whenever such rights are recognised) against us, our assigns, licensees and successors in title;
b. undertake to us that their entry is not in breach of any third party intellectual property rights and will not contain anything, which is defamatory, indecent, harassing or threatening and that they will indemnify us for any loss, damage or liability arising should this turn out not to be true. If relevant, we reserve the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by the entrant and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
16. Finalists will be selected at random from both Facebook and Instagram on 9th, 16th and 23rd April 2018 - one finalist on each day. Three finalists will be put to a public vote in the final 48 hours of the competition's duration. The winner will be the finalist photo reposted on the Love Basingstoke Facebook and Instagram accounts which collects the most likes, comments and shares. The overall winner will be confirmed by a representative of Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council on Tuesday 01 May 2018.
17. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The prize will be sent to the winner within 28 days of the closing date after name and address details have been supplied. If the winner fails to provide the required details within 28 days from the closing date, the finalist with the second highest number of likes, comments and shares on their photo will be contacted to redeem the prize.
18. Details of the winner and their entry will be published on Instagram and Facebook using the #LoveBasingstoke no later than 17.00 on Wednesday 02 May 2018.
Meme Generator Terms and conditions
The website is owned by Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council. The term ‘Council’ or ‘Love Basingstoke’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Civic Offices, London Road Basingstoke RG21 4AH.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Do not spam. Spamming includes posting links exclusively to your own content or monetisation, posting malware links, posting irrelevant content, posting lengthy or irrelevant "copypastas", and anything else that is clearly a detriment to the Love Basingstoke community.
In any content that you create or modify while using this website, do not discriminate against any sect, commit illegal acts, advertise, harass others, or otherwise make it less fun for other people.
You must be at least 13 years of age to use our Services. Content is not targeted to people under 13 years of age.
By uploading any type of media or other content (including but not limited to images) to lovebasingstoke.uk, or by creating memes, you are agreeing that (i) doing so does not violate or infringe anyone else’s rights, and (ii) you have the rights to use whatever content you are uploading or requesting, and that you have the rights to modify that content in whichever ways you decide to modify it while using lovebasingstoke.uk meme generator.
Using our Services
Don’t misuse our Services. For example, don’t interfere with our Services or try to access them using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide. You may use our Services only as permitted by law, including applicable export and re-export control laws and regulations. We may suspend or stop providing our Services to you if you do not comply with our terms or policies or if we are investigating suspected misconduct. Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you access. You may not use content from our Services unless you obtain permission from its owner or are otherwise permitted by law. These terms do not grant you the right to use any branding or logos used in our Services. Don’t remove, obscure, or alter any legal notices displayed in or along with our Services. Our Services display some content that is not owned by lovebasingstoke.uk. This content is the sole responsibility of the entity that makes it available. We may review content to determine whether it is illegal or violates our policies, and we may remove or refuse to display content that we reasonably believe violates our policies or the law. Privacy and Copyright
lovebasingstoke.uk privacy policies explain how we treat your personal data and protect your privacy when you use our Services. By using our Services, you agree that lovebasingstoke.uk can use such data in accordance with our privacy policies. If you think somebody is violating your copyrights and want to notify us, you can contact email@example.com with details of the infringement.
Your Content in our Services
Some of our Services allow you to submit content. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that content. When you upload or otherwise submit content to our Services, you give lovebasingstoke.uk (and suppliers of our service) permission to save the generated meme, original images are not stored, only the generated meme. If you wish to withdraw or remove your submission please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About Software in our Services
You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of our Services or included software, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software, unless laws prohibit those restrictions or you have our written permission.
Modifying and Terminating our Services
We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functionalities or features, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether. You can stop using our Services at any time.
Our warranties and disclaimers
We provide our services using a commercially reasonable level of skill and care and we hope that you will enjoy using them.
Other than as expressly set out in these terms or additional terms, neither lovebasingstoke.uk. nor its suppliers make any specific promises about the services. For example, we don’t make any commitments about the content within the services, the specific function of the services, or their reliability, availability, or ability to meet your needs.
Liability for our services
When permitted by law, lovebasingstoke.uk and suppliers, will not be responsible for lost profits, revenues, or data, financial losses or indirect, special, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages. In all cases, lovebasingstoke.uk. and its suppliers, will not be liable for any loss or damage that is not reasonably foreseeable.
You will indemnify and hold lovebasingstoke.uk. (and its employees, agents, affiliates and representatives) harmless from and against any and all claims, costs, losses, damages, judgments, penalties, interest, and expenses (including without limitation reasonable legal fees) arising out of any claim, action, audit, investigation, inquiry, or other proceeding instituted by a person or entity that arises out of or relates to: (i) your violation of these terms, (ii) your infringement of any third party's rights, and (iii) any harm caused to any third party as a result of your uploading of media or other content (including but not limited to images, video, and audio) to lovebasingstoke.uk.
Business uses of our services
if you are using our services on behalf of a business, that business accepts these terms. it will hold harmless and indemnify lovebasingstoke.uk. and its affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from any claim, suit or action arising from or related to the use of the services or violation of these terms, including any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, suits, judgments, litigation costs and legal fees.
About these terms
We may modify these terms or any additional terms that apply to a service to, for example, reflect changes to the law or changes to our services. you should look at the terms regularly. changes will not apply retroactively and will become effective at the time they are posted. if you do not agree to the modified terms for a service, you should discontinue your use of that service.